Last week an apparent email issue surfaced with Apple devices running the new iOS11. Once updated, you could no longer send an email with an Outlook.com or Exchange mail account. Yesterday, on September 26, Apple has released an update to fix the issue.
How to Update Your Device
The steps below are taking from the apple support page, which you can also view here.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, enter your passcode. If you don’t know your passcode, learn what to do.
If you find yourself still having issues, please don’t hesitate in reaching out to our support team to help you get through the process.